Proudly supporting World Earth Day 2022
As a company with sustainability at its core, Farrell is a huge supporter of World Earth Day. We’d like to take this opportunity to share with you some of the important measure we have taken within the company to help combat global emissions.
– A founding member of CIRCULÉIRE, we are continuously looking for new ways to increase our sustainability at Farrell and work towards a more circular economy.
– All of our furniture is made right here in Ardee, Co. Louth and we ethically source as much of our materials locally where possible or from sustainable sources.
– We use farmed Cherrys and Oaks as opposed to over-forested Mahogany and Teaks and rely on solvent-free polishing and varnishing techniques. As an active member of the Forestry Stewardship Council, we only use FSC® certified wood, chipboard and MDF.
– When we need to use metal in our products, our designers and crafters rely on aluminium as opposed steel, an easier material to recycle and less corrosive to the environment.
– Our manufacturing team use low-emission, chemical-free glues during our assembly process and we adopt lean principles through our manufacturing process which contributes to our waste reduction.
– As members of Repak, we adopt full end-to-end recycling and repacking with our goods inwards and outwards process and we adhere to WEEE Forum in relation to all our electrical machinery and appliances.
– We have revamped our lighting throughout our production facility, installing energy-efficient LED lighting. Our wood waste and off cuts are burned to generate heat for the factory and offices.
– What we are most excited about is our strategic work with clients across the public and private sector whose own environmental outlook and ethos encourages us to get ever more creative in how we hit our collectively sustainability targets.